"Things that interfere with writing well: Earning a living, especially by teaching."

-William H. Gass

Saturday, February 23, 2008

AWKWARD


Ok, I was blogging about teaching Hamlet. But I'll do that later because I cannot possibly allow this moment to pass without sharing it. It'd be like Horatio choosing to die at the end instead of promising to tell Hamlet's story. It is that serious.


I am at my desk. It is...let's see...4:30. School has been over for a long while now. The halls are silent. There are open rooms and offices in abundance. If you wanted to, I don't know, have a remarkarbly personal conversation or marital spat, there are ample spaces in the building.


I am sitting approximately four feet and seven inches from the desk at which my boss is sitting.


She is in here. Now.


You are thinking: "Kelly, shouldn't you stop typing and talk to your boss? I mean she's looking right at you?!"


No she isn't!! She is ON her CELL PHONE arguing IN SPANISH with her husband. I can hear him yelling from here. He is very very pissed off. So is she. She keeps trying to cut him off....


"Entonces...entonces...ENTONCES MI AMOR...mi amor...si, si...mi amor..."


I'm going to go ahead and file this under "Fucking awkward."

No comments: