"Things that interfere with writing well: Earning a living, especially by teaching."

-William H. Gass

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Post Game Wrap-Up

I would love to tell you all about my surgery, but thanks to my friend anesthesia, I don't have much to report.  I can assure you that I entered the hospital with a sense of somber reverence, deeply thoughtful about my decision...



And, of course, I spent the following two days off of work resting quietly, allowing my body to heal...I certainly didn't use it to play tennis or ride my bike or put a new composter in the back yard or walk around town in the sunshine.  I mean I just had SURGERY for heaven's sake.

My doctor came to talk to me in the recovery room, and he mentioned that I was his third sterilization of the day - perhaps more women are realizing the children path is one only SOME people should take...?  If you are considering it, let me ease any worries you may have: As it stands, the most difficult recovery period of my life was right after the 2004 election, and the most painful surgery I've yet to have involved three very wise teeth.  The most difficult part of the surgery was abstaining from food or drink all day, and of course dealing with the antiquated sexist breeder-brained world which, I hope, is changing.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelly! Way to have a goal and see it through despite tremendous obstacles and frustration. You look super cute in your cap! xo Jane

dot eedeeyou said...

Smooch! Thanks, Jane. Trust and believe that I took the cap (and the rad socks, not pictured) home with me. :)

Rev Sully said...

Mission Accomplished!

Well...would it be ironic if you have baby dreams? You're still a girl. Just thinking out loud. Miss ya, chief. ^_~